An organization that uses kPoint is provided with a domain. All the videos created by the creators in the organization are hosted on this domain. However, sometimes a video needs to be a placed on external websites. kPoint lets video creators embed their videos on external webpages. kPoint generates an embed code for each video. The creator has to simply copy this code and paste it in the code of the external webpage.
Below are the high level steps to embed a kPoint video in an external website.
- Select a video, and go to the videos settings by clicking on the settings icon.
- If you have already shared your video with someone or made it public, then you can skip this step. Then open the “Distribute” tab. To embed a video, you have to first select a visibility setting. Then click on the button that says ‘SAVE CHANGES’. After you do this, it becomes possible to embed your video.
- Open the settings tab, and click on the classic video button.
- This takes you to the classic video mode.
- In classic mode, click on the embed button above the top-right corner of the player. You will be provided with an embed code. You can select the resolution of the embedded video. You can also select which type of embed code you want by clicking on one of the three buttons at the top of the box. There are three types of embed codes: Inline embed, Popup embed, and Popout embed.
Here is what each embed code looks like.
A video embedded in a blog using Inline embed.
A video embedded in a blog using Popup embed.
A video embedded in a blog using Popout embed.