The Mixer device must be off to avoid echo problems.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Select the Audio tab and then click Volume on the Sound Recording Panel.
- In the Options menu of the Recording Control window, click Properties. The Properties window is displayed.
- Select the Audio Input device from the Mixer device drop-down list.
- Then, select Stereo Mix so that you can control it on the Volume control.
Now, back in the Recording Control window, make sure that the Mixer device is not selected and its volume is minimum.