In this article, let us see how to add multi-language transcripts on a video.
Transcripts can be of added to a video in 2 ways –
1) By generating it using automatic speech to text conversion built in kPoint.
2) By uploading an .srt format file containing transcripts in any language.
- Portal administrator needs to configure the list of languages in which transcripts can be added or automatically generated in your video portal. To add or change list of available languages please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You (the video owner) can choose whether to show transcripts to the viewer. This option is available as ‘Show transcripts’ on distribute tab in the video workbench.
Lets understand various options on the transcripts page.
On the left side, transcript list is shown. You can select a transcript to preview it. In the transcript text, you can click on a line to play the video from that line. Using these upload and generate buttons you can upload a transcript or start automatic generation of the transcript.
Let us understand the meaning of icons in the transcript list -
To generate a transcript automatically –
- Click on generate button
- Select the language used the video
- Click Generate.
Now kPoint will take some time to generate the transcript. Please refresh the page after some time to check if it is done.
Please note: The accuracy of automatically generated transcript is highly dependent on quality of audio and accent of the speaker. To correct the automatically generated transcript, you can download the transcript, make the necessary changes and re-upload it.
To upload a transcript
- Click on upload button
- Choose the language for which you want to upload the transcript
- Browse and select the file
- Click on upload.
The uploaded transcript will be added to the video immediately.
Please note: Make sure the you upload the transcript file in standard .srt format. You can download a sample .srt file from this page.